Sometimes life provides us with the unique and extraordinary ability to see society and the human experience with clarity. Sometimes it only provides us with frustration and chaos.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Following Then Signs

I haven't written for sometime, while here anyway. Sometime between then and now life kind of pulled me into a different direction. Fate has pushed me, pulled me , nudged me into a need to accomplish more. You see a few months ago a new paper came to town, I drove by it many times, thinking in the back of my mind that would be a great job, writing for the local paper. Well, like everything that enters my mind, it easily leaves if it seems like too much work. Therefore it left.
Weeks after, a girlfriend invited me to a writers course. We attended, her mother joining us.
After the meeting her mother through out a bet between the three of us. We would see who could get published first.
Somehow that competitive sling, put fire under my ass. I ran home to write about the first event that happened in town.
Summited it, so there you are.
Five pieces later, and a sideline job for the local paper has kept me hopping. Although I didn't feel satisfied. Therefore I have been pushing the enter button on submissions more than I can count hoping to find my big break.
Yesterday while X-mas shoppign, I came across a used book store. Somehoe two books jumped out at me. Here is the Canadain writers magazine. Praire Fire, and within that book are amble oppuntunities waiting to be pounced on.
So now I want to be a writer. I sit down to write, and somehow with all the hype the ability has diminished. I have no inspiration.
Therefore, I am waiting for the next turn of fate that kicks me in the ass for the next step.
Maybe writing is too much work.
Perhaps I'll be a magician instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home