Sometimes life provides us with the unique and extraordinary ability to see society and the human experience with clarity. Sometimes it only provides us with frustration and chaos.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Defending My Position

I was going to talk about my social teacher today, but changed my mind.
It seems sometimes someones stand or position on an issue isn't understood by all. Therefore this is about why I defend my position."

"A father and his son are involved in an auto accident. Both are seriously injuredand are rushed to seperate hospitals. The son is immediately readied for surgery: at the first sight of him, however, the surgeon says, "I cannot operate on this patient--he's my son!"
How is this so?

So if you questioned this after reading and thought how could he have two fathers, you are brain trained. We all are, somehow the majority who read this assume the surgeon is a man. In fact it his Mother. Why do we jump to this perception. Our culture and experiences have tainted our thinking into an incorrect assumption.
Many positions in life are responded to by our assumptional training from our culture and familiar experiences. Therefore if I support Ralph Klein and his Health Care Reform ideas am I wrong. Many may be quick to argue that a third-tier system will not work, is indeed harmful.
Are you a linear thinker or are you brain trained by the culture, and experiences you are comfortable. We have always had public healthcare, without the experience of another system it is incorrect for us to assume a third-tier-system will not work.
Therefore on a philosophical perspective it is narrow minded to argue one system over the other.
So did you assume the surgeron was a man or not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home