Sometimes life provides us with the unique and extraordinary ability to see society and the human experience with clarity. Sometimes it only provides us with frustration and chaos.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Heterosexual Day

I am coming out, revealing something very personal. I need others to accept me, to respect my choices and my freedom to be who I am. I don't want to hide it anymore, keep it in the closet.
Please be open minded about this it is a part of who I am.

I have a partner, someone I love. I relationship with another person. I have sex with them, I love them, they love me and we are part of a family. We understand each other, and although many have never known this until now. I need to express my individualism.

I am a women, and my partner is a man. I have sex with my partner. I love my partner and need others to accept and respect my choice. In Canada we are free to love who we wish. I am so lucky to live here, as we are also allowed to marry and have children.

I want to support and rally with all those like myself. Those who should have no shame for being heterosexual. I want a holiday and a parade to celebrate my rights anf freedoms. I want to be in sitcoms, in live theatre, and in children's books. I want to give public speeches on the topic and to encourage others to come out and let people accept them for sleeping, and loving the opposite sex

Tomorrow is Heterosexual Day. Be proud, stand up for your rights, and advocate with me.
Walk hand in hand in the streets, and let the world know you love who you are, a heterosexual.

Why are some allowed more pride and parades about their sexuality than others? Heterosexual is a choice too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home