Sometimes life provides us with the unique and extraordinary ability to see society and the human experience with clarity. Sometimes it only provides us with frustration and chaos.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Assignment "2

We’re still waiting, the door hasn’t even closed yet, but my nose is running, and I feel a tickle, foreshadowing the event to follow. Now, I’m thinking she should be damn happy I pushed her, cause I’m gonna sneeze and I just saved her from some obscene, discussing, scenario.
In walks Super Mom, with her pastel blue stroller, and a shoulder bag to match. Somehow a woman that makes the effort to color coordinate her diaper bag to her babies set of wheels seems repulsive. Maybe I should push her too, but babies sleeping and I’m not a complete monster.
Ahh Chew, and again, Ahh chew, I turn my head towards the corner, away from everyone, while ran sacking my jacket pocket for a tissue. I feel some coins, a set of earrings, a pull out a half-eaten pack of juicy fruit. No tissue.
I can see my nose spray splattered on the stainless steel wall panel, somehow the image amuses me, perhaps because of the irony of my situation. So I do what one does in desperation, farm method, run my fingers under my nose in a sweeping motion. Then run my fingers along the denim of my jeans for a clean sweep.
The door begins to close slowly, with the three of us and a stroller crammed inside I already feel caustiphobic, and am thankful Super Mom had enough sense to push the button. Unfortunetly, a hand and foot grab the door and it reopens quickly.. A middle-aged man in a blue suit joins us. I don’t push men, somehow even if they’re balding and smell I have a sense of sympathy for them. He enters cautiously and slides himself into the corner, grazing the same steel panel I sneezed on. I watch and flinch, realizing how discussing life real is.
The door now closes with it, are warning bells. We all stare at the number above the door, silly, when there is only one more floor. We can sneeze on each other, cough on each other, but god help us if we look at each other.
The elevator stops, and one by one we pile off. As I’m leaving I notice a security camera right above the door, recording our ride. I chuckle to my self-thinking this footage could be filed and stored for years to come. How absurd.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberta S said...

Cute story, Crystal, and guess what, you are ahead of your time. The new and apparently more sanitary way to stop a sneeze is with your arm, into your sleeve. According to researchers tissue, the hands, all other more dignified methods spreed germs like wildfire. So now Health agencies are releasing videos that advocate sneezing into the crook of the arm, the inside of the sleeve. No one shakes hands with their sleeve, opens doors with their sleeve, or handles objects with their sleeve. The video doesn't address shoving but I think you can shove anyone who is blocking your sleeve.

12:56 AM

 
Blogger godrealized said...

Hi,

Your readers would love to read more on inner truths-

The Lord within us

Working in your office, you brood why you were born. To work till you exhaust, no enjoyment felt on reaching home, your wife craves for some time for herself and children. You think your energy is being wasted in the corrupt World.

My friend, a painter says, "He is lucky to be born a Human Being", to enjoy the beauty of the mountains, seaside and realms of the mighty one unknown to mankind. His saying is proved in the beautiful sceneries painted on canvas.

You are confused. Your thinking is wrong. You do not worship your work. You are out of harmony from yourself. You are seeking for truth of Life from without. Truth is universal. A man dies. His family grieves over his death feeling bereaved. A moment before his changing form, everyone was cheerful. Why bitterness over casting aside of garment by the omniscient. Life is in every deed, every living being. More on inner harmony- Truce with my Inner Self

2:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home