Sometimes life provides us with the unique and extraordinary ability to see society and the human experience with clarity. Sometimes it only provides us with frustration and chaos.

Monday, April 03, 2006

The Bleak House

Never being,
never knowing,
only to be given a weather look.
In photo form of anothers chutter,
A tattered view of a bleak house.
Foundations weak,
walls unstable,
weathered wall paper.
Floor boards splintered,
pipes all rusted,
roof leaking, always busted.
I step into this home,
and with tainted images,
I call, now my own.
I look past the sunshine cast,
and toward all but broken glass.
I fail to see, a single flower.
Growing deep within the rumble.
I see a bleak house,
Perhaps if not given,
a photo painted to pursway
I wouldn't see it this dismal way.
A bird perched on the window sill,
chirps sweet song.
And for a moment,
my spirit lifts.
I see the hope, and love in here
amongst the tattered curtians,
and broken door.
Bleak, from bitterness,
from assumption, and tainted thought.
And when I leave,
I wonder, perhaps
I have overlooked
it's simple pleasures,
it's basic strength of character.
It's aging wisdom, and rustic charm.
For anothers tale.
Of a bleak house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home